Wednesday, April 6, 2011

E-mail Inspirations (430 Days to Go)

Happy Hump Day to all!  And in honor of the day I'm trying to get over my wedding planning hump.  It's been about a month since I've actually accomplished much of anything to do with the wedding and in that time, it's been rare for me to really peruse any websites or magazines or anything.  So, today, I'm going out seeking inspiration again to get me amped about being a bride-to-be and excited to get the ball rolling again.

Usually checking my e-mail results in about a half dozen wedding related things, so let's start off with seeing what that rounds up.  First off, discounted cruises to Europe from Holland America.  Not even sure how I managed to get on their list.  But I haven't gotten off because I keep hoping that one will pop up for a more tropic locale when we can afford to get some away time perhaps later this year.  However, that would require paying off Jeff's medical bills and my work situation becoming less hairy.  Speaking of which, last night I got a cold call phone interview from a "life insurance" company that saw my resume on Monster.  Ugh.  The one thing that could possibly be more unstable than my current job would have to be commission based telemarketing.

Alright, next up in the inbox would be "Mixer Night" at the Apostrophe Lounge in Charlotte, North Carolina.  Oops.  Wrong state.  Unsubscribing...now.

Another house listing that we dare not go look at because right now we can't even begin to think about filing the paperwork for preapproval of a loan.

Ah, here's a good one from Otto Productions.  Not only are the of course advertising their DJ and uplighting services, they're also giving some really cute ideas for the reception.  Just what I needed to spark some imagination.  I particularly like their idea of tucking some Penguins tickets into the garter for the hubby to find before the garter toss.  That would totally flip Jeff's lid and because our wedding would be during playoff season, it would be a lot like a date night that I planned while we were dating and took him to a playoff game that I happened to luck into tickets for.  Of course, minus the garter last year.  It was more like a text message asking if he was busy that night with teaching or if he could be free.

Just checking out their website and facebook has certainly been amusing and killed some time at work between "switching the loads" as I like to call certain aspects of my job.  Yes, I analogize my research job to doing the laundry.

And lastly, a response to my request about a photobooth price from Photobooth Pittsburgh.  Jeff and I both love the idea of a photobooth and we keep going back and forth as to whether or not we just want to set up a backdrop of our own, a box of props, and a camera on a tripod or if we want to rent a booth that will provide us with duplicate photostrips for a guestbook/album.  It's probably going to come down to budget in the end but I think we're both leaning towards having it done professionally and still providing our own themed prop box.  I know that it's a relatively new fad, but it's one that I can really get behind.  I've always been into scrapbooking and I think that it's a really great way to get pictures of everyone and to know who they are later when I go to look back over the wedding albums.  Otherwise, I'm not gonna be able to put a name to a face for half of his dad's cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment